Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday evening - Kota Tua - alternative traveling

So a few weeks ago after I borrowed my friend's bike -0-, I decided to biking around Kota Tua teritory @ West Jakarta. Biking in the afternoon is quite nice, because less traffic & polution on the road. My first target was Sunda Kelapa port (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunda_Kelapa ) near museum Bahari @ West Jakarta.

After arrived at Kota Tua, I asked the route to bike Ojek there about the route to Sunda Kelapa post because I've never been to there before.. and after he gave me direction.. the biking continued..

When I arrived at the gate of sunda kelapa's port, I met this group of Bule. I assumed they also want to visit this place. But when they entered the gate, the guard there asked them for entrance money - I thought it's free ?? because only cars/trucks must pay to enter this place. But when i came into the gate, the guards didn't asked me to pay. And I asked him, must I pay ? he said that it's free to enter this port, so where the money he just got go ? - to his pocket -_-.

After looking around the port, I noticed that there's no tree or any bushes there, everywhere is stone and bricks. And much worse that the water was so filthy. That's the bad part, the good part is there's still Pinishi boat, traditional boat created by Indonesian people used to sail accross the ocean (http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinisi).



After biking around the port and crossing museum Bahari about half an hour - the time was almost 6 pm - I turned my bike and continued biking to Fatahilah Museum..
I took some pictures there, here it is:

@ Batavia Cafe


@ Fatahilah Museum - nice


hey who is that handsome devil ? haha me!

So that's my alternative traveling @ Sunday evening - next destination maybe Monas ? or Sabang road that offers alot of foods and drinks. Interested to join me biking ?

No comments: